Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mama Mia!

Today's blog challenge deals with financial hardship due to migraine. Not only do I have medical copays, medication, and travel expenses,  but there's also missed work, diet, auto wear and tear, alternative treatments, accommodating devices, and the list goes on.

One of the biggest is the doctor or hospital itself. Testing can take a huge chunk out of the budget. Thank goodness I have good insurance! My Botox doesn't cost as much as I thought and after I meet my deductible (normally in February lol), the out of pocket costs aren't as much.

The next big expense for me is missed work. Not only do I use sick time, vacation, and maybe FMLA, but there's invisible costs like coworkers not depending on you as much and not being able to move up.

Since my doctors are all within twenty miles, travel and auto costs aren't as much as others might pay.

What costs are weighing you down?

1 comment: