Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Walk the Line

How do you balance the need to avoid your migraine triggers with the equally powerful need to enjoy the things that give your life meaning?

Avoiding migraine triggers is a very difficult thing to do. My biggest trigger is the weather and hormones, both unavoidable. So how do I avoid them?

When the weather starts getting icky, I begin a summer party type night.  Pick out some movies (our scan the DVR), make some tea, and break out some fruit that's already cut up. By prepping for bad weather days, I can still enjoy my evening. Cutting up fruits and veggies the day before a bad forecast eliminates a need to use a spoon in an already tough day. Another way to conserve your spoons: making meals I'm advance and freezing them for bad days.

Hormones are another story. Sometimes no matter how you prepare, you just have to sleep and ride it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment