Monday, June 17, 2013

Mission Impossible

Today's post asks what seems impossible while treating chronic migraine. Diana posted about having children and that's a fear of mine too.

Chronic migraine is matched with vitamin b12 deficiency and makes having children very difficult. Since I don't have much energy and have unexpected pain, how could I take care of a child? With the b12 deficiency, it makes it very difficult for me to carry a child. Even if I adopted a child, I'd still have fatigue and constant pain.

So what do I do? Do I just go with it and hope for the best? That wouldn't benefit the child if unable to fully care for him or her. Is it selfish to want children when I might not be fully able to care for them? So many questions I cannot find answers to at this time. Maybe when my treatments show more results I can explore it again, but what if I never get to that point?

Any other migraineurs struggle with this issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment