Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Hunger Games

Day 3 of the MHAM Blog Challenge asks what healthy habits have you adopted to put the odds of better migraine & headache disorders management in your favor.

Well in October 2012, my doctor introduced the Headache Diet to me and I couldn't be happier! I eliminated bad foods that I had no idea triggered migraines. I think MSG and dairy were the biggest impact on me. I ate fast food and Chinese food all the time! When food doesn't taste as great, cheese went on it. Now I have new loves: hummus, soy milk, soy cheese, fresh fruit, and new vegetables. I have a much healthier lifestyle and feel great. 

I've also recently started running. I haven't done any type of running at all since I was in the army so it has been a challenge. I have a short term goal of participating (and finishing) a 5K by Labor Day at my hometown soybean festival. Last night I ran a 400 meter dash for a corporate challenge and barely finished. The little victories make the biggest difference. Don't sweat the big stuff and make sure the small stuff gets noticed. It's the small victories that lead to a big one. :)

Have you tried the headache diet? What's your favorite food you just discovered?

No comments:

Post a Comment