Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Just Keep Swimming

Today's blog challenge asks how do you keep going in life when migraine or another headache disorder deals you a difficult set back. This has been something I've battled with today! I had to leave work due to weather triggers giving me extreme pain. I described it to coworkers as being in a "boiling pot of water." My face got extremely red and I was so warm to the touch on my face yet my fingers were cold. 

When that happens, I have no choice but to go home and get some rest. Sometimes medication just isn't enough. If I were to stay, the pain would only make me more miserable and my work wouldn't be productive at all. Luckily, I have a very understanding boss and coworkers, so it helps with the guilt. I do still feel guilty since that means I won't be getting as much accomplished at work. I tend to come in on Saturdays or staying late/arriving early to make it up. 

To cope, I try to look at the positives like I'm still able to work and I'm still breathing. Without focusing on simple positives, I'm pretty sure I'd go insane. Social media and blogging helps with coping too. I have many Twitter friends who go through the same and help me keep my chin up. With blogging, I am able to express my feelings freely without judgement. 

Overall, I look at the bigger picture. Everyday is a challenge and I hope to overcome it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment