Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bunny Jumping in My Head

One day, a child asked me what a migraine felt like. It's difficult to explain these pains to them so I made this poem:

The only way to tell you about the pain in my head, 
is to say there must be a bunny jumping on the bed


You see, he lives on my brain, but he doesn't sleep much 
because he has dance parties with friends and causes me to fuss


He doesn't want to leave or stay still for very long 
because everyday my head hurts, and I start to see a fog


He likes to visit my tummy to do cartwheels and flips. 
It makes me feel icky with lots of bathroom trips


He likes to play bumper cars all over my tired brain. 
His fun is never ending and neither is my pain


The doctor says he’s here to stay, but we can make him sleepy. 
With diet, exercise, and medicine I won’t be so weepy


Maybe one day we can be friends, and he’ll stop jumping all the time. 
Give me a day or two to rest before he has his fun tonight.






No comments:

Post a Comment