Sunday, June 30, 2013

Men in Black: Neuralizer

How do you cope with the way migraine can impact our memories?

This is such a good subject for me because I am constantly forgetting things. All day Friday I kept thinking it was Wednesday! Who does that?!?! Here's how I cope:

1. Keep a note pad with you ALWAYS - I have one in my purse, on my desk, a built in app in my phone, and at least two at work. I'm constantly writing things down. Whether it's a creative idea, something that needs to be remembered, or random thoughts, I've got it covered.

2. Apologize in advance - I find I'm apologizing in advance for being so forgetful, especially at work. Brain fog doesn't help you with your daily activities.

3. Alarms - Phone alarms are wonderful! I set an alarm when I need to get something done or be somewhere so I am not totally lost.

4. Remember, it's not your fault - This is the most important way to cope. You need to fully understand that this isn't your fault. Your memory just plays hide and seek at times due to migraine and it's okay. There's no use in getting upset about it, just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment