Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tough Choices

This week I've been thinking a lot about my future. My current financial situation has gotten to be more than I can handle. After a tearful conversation with my parents, my greatest supporters, we all decided that I'd move to Tampa with them.

Thankfully, my apartment allows a 60 says notice which is plenty of time to get everything in order. So I won't have to stress about getting out quickly.

This year in Kansas City has been great, but I think it's time to be with family of some kind. I've been so alone this past year and the crazy Midwest weather is one of my many triggers.

Once I get everything settled and save up an emergency fund, then I can get back out on my own.

I see this as a way to chase some dreams I couldn't go for in the past. I'm applying to jobs like crazy but this also gives me an opportunity to try theater and singing as a profession, a big passion of mine. I don't know if it'd work out or not, but I don't have anything to lose.

This is a hard decision mostly because of my pride. I've been completely on my own since 18 and now I'll be a 27 year old "loser" living with her parents. The extent to my medical and personal bills, however, leaves me no other option.

This new adventure could inspire more writing for sure. Until then, I'll be organizing what I'll take/leave/give away and work hard to get as much as I can I'm good ole KC.

How have other adult spoonies handle going back home to catch up on the financial burden of chronic illness?

No comments:

Post a Comment