Saturday, July 20, 2013

Migraineur and the Mall

It's been a while since I've been to the mall (mostly because I don't really have money to spend there). However, yesterday I had a crisis: my favorite pair of cheap sunglasses broke. Every migraineur knows we need sunglasses on a sunny day. My backup pair was too small.

As I walked in, I tend to always start at Macy's, I noticed some amazing outfits and handbags I'd dream to own. Them the dreaded section full of migraine triggers was I'm been me and the rest of the mall: the perfume area. I tend to hold my breath and run out without sniffing too much fragrance. I'm sure many other migraineurs agree with me. I feel awful for looking rude, but I've been stuck in that section before and ended up with a painful attack.

Another migraine trigger present at the mall: noise. Being in customer service since I was 26, I've learned how to tune out screaming children and yelling parents. However, since I'm wanting to be a parent within the next five years, I haven't been able to tune it out. So now I just try to run into a store when it starts getting loud.

Third migraine trigger in a mall: food. Mall concessions and food courts are full of food triggers like MSG, dairy, and yeast. I always tend to grab pretzel bites, which are full of yeast and MSG. Today, I got a healthy smoothie to curb my appetite. The move thing was the menu had shown which smoothies contained dairy. I thought that was amazing. At an I've cream cart, I found a daily free mango passion fruit gelato to take home for a snack tonight.

How do you avoid migraine triggers at the mall?

No comments:

Post a Comment