Monday, November 4, 2013

Training Wheels

Write about a time your health condition forced you to grow up and take the training wheels off (so to speak).

My journey began when I was already a fully functioning adult with bills to pay and a job to support them. My training wheels were off and way behind me. When I started having more problems with my migraines, I felt like I needed crutches, not training wheels. Something to lean on when it got too tough but would go back into the utility closet once its use was done. 

A couple months ago when I made the decision to move from KC to my parent's house in FL, I felt like I had crutches and training wheels back on. My parents pay the majority of the bills and I work as much as I can. My ego hurts a lot, but I know this was the best option. Once all my medical and personal debts are settled, I can take those training wheels back off and find a new place to call home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment