Saturday, May 4, 2013

Migraines are Like Coffee...

When it comes to migraines, there are infinite forms. Not all pain is the same and not all symptoms are the same. To explain, I often think of the infinite types of coffee.

Decaf - that beginning stage of migraine where you have some pain, but not enough to shut the lights off for. Decaf coffee has the flavor the regular coffee drinker needs without the caffeine.

Half-Caf - the pain is enough to start looking to preventatives but you are still able to function. I get these a lot at work and try to get back to the decaf stage.

Cappuccino - the migraine itself morphs into a new type of pain. Since cappuccinos are a type of coffee but not necessarily coffee, I thought this would explain it well. It's the type of migraine pain that moves around and causes other symptoms like stiff neck, weakness, and others. I'm experiencing this kind right now.

Double Shot Espresso - the "holy crap I'm dying" type of pain.

This is my way of explaining a few types of migraines while adding some easy to determine terms for non-migraineurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment