Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Eyes Have It

Now that I have insurance again, I have begun the new doctor searches and appointments. This morning I went to the eye doctor because well....it was way overdue. They offered a service to take 3D photos of your eyes to see if there are any issues. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul...

Well mine needs a closer look. When looking at my optic nerve, both eyes showed a thinning near my optic nerve. After explaining my B12 deficiency, the doctor quickly wrote it down and asked me questions about it. Since I don't know how long I was severely deficient in the B, I have no idea how much damage was caused. So we're doing a vision field test in a couple weeks.

Damn, I thought the eye doctor was going to be an easy visit! Such is the life of a spoonie. Moral to the visit: take the time to do these extra tests. You never know what you'll find. This one only cost me $39 and was paid with my flex plan. Crossing fingers and toes for positive results or an easy solution. Anyone else have this issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment