Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Finding a New Doctor is like Dating

Well I'm 0 for 2 for my appointments today. My neurology consult was a bust but I hope I can only use this office for Botox. 

As I'm explaining my symptoms, past medications, and triggers, I am relieved that he's diligently writing down all details. At the end of it, however, he looks frustrated. He then says, "Whatever. What do you want me to do for you again?" Smoke immediately came out of my ears. Who says that to a new patient? After everything I've explained I had been through, was that really the best response?

Granted it's not the first time I've been shut down by a doctor. My first neurologist just kept prescribing pills and typing in his little laptop, barely acknowledging I was in the room. No bedside manner whatsoever. My neurologist, who was actually a physician's assistant, was the best. My first consult was a two hour detailed meeting with head to toe assessment and plans that didn't involve chemicals. Maybe I should see if she'll move down here? Wishful thinking.

Well an EEG is scheduled, which I need, and the Botox request is being sent to insurance. That's as far as I'll go with this office. Time for the next one! 

With every situation I need to remember this is a process and I need to be patient. (Get it?) Although it's difficult, I have to stay positive and know that I'm living life the way I want. 

What are your first appointment nightmare stories?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment