Thursday, August 15, 2013

Getting My Groove Back

The past couple months have been testing, but I've kept going. Some ways to help bounce back after a bad streak:

1. Develop a schedule - Decide what you need to do and when it needs to be done. By giving yourself deadlines you help develop a structure to normalcy.

2. Change something - Whether it's diet, hair cut, clothing style, or location, change is good. By doing a big change, you are throwing away the old you and moving forward with a new self.

3. Reach out - I don't know where if be without my Twitter friends who go through the same as me. My family has been great too. Sometimes you need to reach out and ask for help to move on.

4. Take a trip - Have a Pain-Moon and go away for a weekend. Relax, explore new things, and enjoy the moment. It'll help reduce stress and make you feel like you're starting over.

5. Learn something new - Whether it's a new language, certification, or diet, learning something new gives you the sense of accomplishment.

6. Explore creativity - By writing, I've learned things about myself that I never knew. Try some form of creativity to express yourself them keep those feelings in your art. Move on from what you felt at that moment and share with others to help them too.

How have you moved on from a struggling period?

No comments:

Post a Comment