Monday, January 27, 2014

The Color of Pain and Taste of Happiness

A writing prompt on Facebook asked to wrote the color of pain and the taste of happiness. Here's my interpretation:

Every time I get a migraine, I imagine colors of red and blue. Red for the pain that pumped in my veins. Red for the anger inside my chest. Blue for the sorrow I felt at my helplessness. Blue for the anguish at my pain. When you combine these, you get a perfect shade of purple. The purple not only represents the red, but the blue as well.

When I think of happiness, I imagine big beautiful strawberries on top of a perfect slice of cheesecake. The creamy goodness of the cake sends a sweet sensation to the taste buds. The strawberries tickle the senses and instantly brings a smile. At the end, I never feel guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment