Thursday, August 6, 2015

Migraine While Traveling

So yesterday I was out of state working and I had the time of my life. My job was called "The Energizer" which meant I got to dance around and get everyone pumped. Believe me, I'm very good at my job. Toward the end of the night I felt it: the spidey sense. I knew a bad migraine was coming. I even warned the masses of the upcoming storm.

So I drove to my very dirty motel. On the way, I experienced the most excruciating pain that I had such a difficult time driving. People kept honking, flashing their brights, and riding my bumper. It was raining as well, by the way. Perfect weather for angry drivers to put me more into harms way.

Well I finally got to the motel room and I had hardly any energy left. I was grasping the last spoon so tight it hurt more. I checked in and walked into my room. The door barely locked but I had no energy left to go to the front desk and ask for a more secure room (dumb). The bed sheets had cigarette burns and spots of blood (seriously run for the hills). So what did I do? I curled up in the fetal position on top of the bed and didn't move. I had zero energy for crying, screaming, or anything but lying still. I rubbed my temples, silently prayed, and debated calling 911. After two hours, I finally got the pain level lowered so I could sleep. 

So the moral to the story is...be safe. Migraine hurts but don't be stupid. I should have went to the hospital and properly got treatment. Be careful out there, spoonies!


No comments:

Post a Comment