Friday, October 11, 2013

The Art of a Great Idea

Ever have one of those moments when the light bulb turns on in your head and suddenly the greatest idea of all time appears? I have...many times. So what do you do next?

Personally, I am very fond of lists. I use them to track my budgeting, make decisions, and map out goals. I start out with outlining what my idea is, what industry it goes to, and how to make it happen. For the past six months, my ideas have mostly revolved around food, writing, film, television, and business. Pretty wide spectrum, right?

I am firm believer that if you only succeed in one genre, then you aren't a well-rounded person. In my career, I've worked in food, retail, entrepreneurship, and the financial industry. Even though I may note be a huge boss, I am still a well-rounded person. My experiences in food help me create delicious dishes and keep to my headache diet without difficulty. In retail, I learn how to be organized, patient, and a salesman. As an entrepreneur, I learned the hard way about being your own boss and the "other side" of the paychecks. Finally, in the financial industry, I learned how to keep on track with a budget, how credit works, and what to do in an emergency (financially).

I'm currently working on my grocery shopping guide to the headache diet, but that doesn't mean I'm not outlining my next ideas. Tonight, I'm actually working on an outline of a novel I'd like to live out. Too bad it's so expensive. Can I be a world famous writer already? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment